MsFortuknit


K-nitters rule!


Name::MsFortuknit
From::Midwest, USA
Im me what do you want me to say?...hahah



More about me me me me me!






Blog Rings

Previous | Next Join | List |

Bohemian Knitters
Previous | Next

Previous | Next


Previous | Next


Previous | Next
List | Random



I want to make these Cheezy things




Im embarrassed because its a Lion Brand pattern, but I REAAAALLLLLLYYYYY like them.

So how the heck is everyone's summer goin? I had the incredible privilege of seeing the Body World Exhibit this week from Gunther Van Hagen and its absolutely brilliant! If your not squeamish and enjoy anatomy, you will be entranced by this exhibit. Dr. Van Hagen is pretty famous and invented an Incredible way of preserving the body called Plastionics. I know that it may sound a bit morbid, but its absolutely fascinating! I think the reason that I wasn't disturbed at all by his exhibit is because the bodies actually looked like plastic! So if it comes through your city you should really give it a go!

Back to knitting stuff!

Rach and I are getting prit-tty revved up for the gift exchange and it seems like you kittens are as well? I absolutely have had the best round with SP8 as all of you have seen with the incredibly thoughtful gifts from my Secret Pally, who is nothing short of wonder woman,so wonderful that I have requested that she be the BEST SECRET PALLY this round! But I have to confess that I really am excited to start this new one as well? August first is next week, so keep your eyes peeled for the info! Have a great weekend all!

---------------------------------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger Obsidian Kitten wrote...

omigod! they're so cute! i am not brave enough to knit footwear yet, kudos to you!

i saw a thing on tv about that exhibition and i thought, how cool! i can't believe you saw it, i am green with envy!!!!!

Friday, July 28, 2006 9:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon wrote...

they are quite cute aren't they??

Friday, July 28, 2006 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger spirals wrote...

my buddies saw this when they were in toronto.. i saw pics. it looked WICKED SWEET

Friday, July 28, 2006 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger verasunshyne wrote...

I wanted to see the exhibit when it was in L.A a few years back, but just never got around to it. It sounds awesome!!

I'm excited about the gift exchange, I'm keeping my eyes peeeled...

Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger spyderkl wrote...

Wasn't Body Works II fabulous? It just finished up a run here in Denver; I got to see it for Mother's Day. I had wanted to take my daughter, but in hindsight I think it was for the best I went by myself. Not because she would have been grossed out - far from it - but she would have been ready to go about an hour before I was.

Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Severina wrote...

I've seen photos of that guy's work--pretty amazing! I'd like to see it in person but it hasn't been near here yet.

Oh it's much too hot to think about knitting big ol' sox! I just got back into town this morning and slammed right into some nasty humidity.

Monday, July 31, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger tawnyatay wrote...

Those are really cute!!!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nora wrote...

So cute!

Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:39:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa B (Moon) wrote...

Whats wrong with cheap ass yarn?...its all good! lol...
I think they are cute, make em if ya like em girl!
With you wearing them they become wicked swank!
xo Moon

Saturday, August 05, 2006 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Glaistig wrote...

Ha, that was the very first sock pattern I tried. I only made one and it ended up being too large because of major gauge problems on my end. I hang it outside on my door as my Christmas stocking :)

I think it's a very cute, cozy pattern and, actually, it was a good introduction to the "mechanics" of the sock for me. Do 'em!

Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting wrote...

hehe I've been thinking about knitting those socks aswell! I've seen lots of dr Van Hagens work on tv and stuff I was really amazed by how many people want to donate their body for his projects!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home